Thursday, January 4, 2007

Happy New Year

Brody sent me an email- "If you have a blog- you have to post more often." Okay he's right. I was waiting to find my cord to download the photos from my camera.

So New Year's Eve- on a bridge over the Seine with my family and hundreds of foreigners- most of them NOT French- drinking champagne. Lovely, romantic, perfect for 2007. Last year we did the same thing, but I was in such a foul mood- and the mood paid off in spades throughout the year. My sister and her two daughters, Brigid and Brody and Zack- lovely.

It took 24 hours door to door to get home. As we were going through customs in Dallas, one of the guards said "Welcome Home" to those of us returning. I would have rather been in Paris.

And now- back to work- and the daily slog.

But tonight 13 college guys are staying at the house- they're the current version of the a capella group I belonged to at Colgate. Should be...interesting.

No comments: