Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas from Paris!!!


So far...what a trip. Spent the first few days in Prague. And although pretty, I was underwhelmed. Too many tourists, the buildings and statues needed good scrubbings- and at night, felt very unsafe.
Four of us were walking- trying to find "Friends" bar, which was described as the most popular bar in Prague...God help us if it is, because it was TRAGIC...and so anyway, we're walking and we keep getting accosted by these very big rough and tumble Eastern European men trying to get us to go into the tit bars and sex clubs. IT was NOT like Paris.
And so, while I appreciated the history and the architecture and art- I wanted out- fast. I figure, if I have two weeks vacation, I might as well spend it in the place I love.

So- we flew to Paris on the 21st and honestly, I relaxed for the first time in days- spoiled child that I am.

Mic and I are in one apartment and Chris, Gary and Barry are in another- just blocks away. Barry's not really the party boy when Gary's around- so the four of us went to Raidd Bar- where the boys dance in the showers- and one boy- showed it all...and then peed on the glass. Crazy stuff. And then we went to Le Deep. No, not Le Depot- which some of you know of- but it's tragic, smaller, darker relative on the bank of the Seine.

And of course I found love- or a reasonable facsimile- in a husky Parisian named Philipe. Small wonder. I'm trying to work someone and Gary, Mic and Chris come roaring by, giggling, talking loudly...crazy. So Philipe wants to hook up and so do I because he's crazy hot and I'm about to go out of my skin...but Mic wants to go home- and he forgot his keys. Mic gets lost going around the corner- (he was lost for an hour and a half the other day just blocks from the apartment) and he's insistent and drunk. And of course I don't know the code to the building so I can't get in. I just have the scan key to open the door.

And I'm thinking "You've got to be kidding me. "

This is the first guy I've kissed....in a YEAR! A whole year! I've had to throw out condoms recently because they've expired for God's sake! And now I have to go home? So I dig in my pocket for a card- and give it to Phillipe. And I take Mic home.

Of course Phillipe has not sent me an email.

So every time we go out now it's: "Hey Mic- got your keys?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, that pic's not much better. and you can't have a blog if you aren't going to update it regularly.