Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Palm Springs White Party


Brody and me...at the White Party Tea Dance.

So Palm Springs was amazing- after not having been there for 3 years. Saw lots of familiar faces- out at Hunters and Toucans and El Mirasol (probably the best Mexican restaurant around).

Mark and I checked into the Las Palmas Hotel...a smallish place on Palm Canyon- and upon arriving, discovered that the pool was clothing optional. Surprise surprise... Some things are better left to the imagination.

We danced every night- at the bars, while Brody went to the White Party events- the Military Ball and the White Party. Of course, he got a free ticket to the events. Ah, to be 23.


Brody in White Party Prep



Brody and his friend Lani in Glam White Party Drag.
What's a father to do?

I had to shell out the $100 plus food and drink tickets to go to the Sunday Tea Dance. But it was a good time... red bulls and dancing. Mark got LOTS of attention from some San Diego boys.
As I mentioned to a friend...there was lots to SEE and DO at the party. One guy, Nordic, bearded- the most handsome guy there- in a sea of pretty boys.

We also saw David and Ken in their house on the windy side of Palm Springs- and met David's family who was visiting for the week. Awesome people. Something about six kids all running around the house- puts life in perspective.

Mark and I also hung out with "B"- an Indianapolis bank president....LOL and his cohort Tony.
Tony told us the story about a guy he was flirting with at Hunters. Seems Tony asked the guy, "If I were to have plastic surgery, what should I have done?" The guy responded- "Have your mouth sewn shut."
Hysterical.

So we flirted with tall guys named Trent...and drank and danced...and drove home late on Sunday night. All good.

Until I got home to the hundreds of boxes that still needed to be unpacked from my move.

When I was little, I thought that I had magical powers- just like Samantha on "Bewitched," or Jeannie on "I Dream of Jeannie." All I needed to do was figure out what part of my body to twitch to get the magic to happen. Hours spent as a child working on this.

Still wish I could figure it out.
And then those boxes would fly...

No comments: