Friday, March 9, 2007

Okay, check that...

So, they make an announcement, asking for volunteers to give up their seats on the LA to Fort Lauderdale flight. They would rebook and give a $300 voucher. I'm thinking fast...and suggest to the gate agent that she could put us on the LA to San Juan non-stop....nice. So bye-bye seats and they close the door....and THEN I ask...what about our bags? Well they're on the flight to Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully they'll get to San Juan before us...or they'll get stuck in Lauderdale. Only problem is...there's no "NEXT FLIGHT" to get those bags to us before we get on the ship...and it steams away. And now I'm stressed...and eating potato chips (not on the diet) and blaming this Jack London quote I read this afternoon...while eating yes, another plate of chicken (on the diet). "I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist."

Could I at least be a superb meteor...who has his luggage?

No comments: