Sunday, February 8, 2009

Exes


So we went to Paris for New Years again this year...and by "we" I mean- Brody and me- and Brigid, his mom, my "ex" wife, Jeremy, my ex-lover and Paul, his current husband and Zack, Brody's friend "ex-whatever." And it was this New Year's that I realized that none of these people are exes...they are people who are very much involved in our daily lives. They are the legs of our life table.
This became even more apparent this month, when I was hospitalized and had to undergo surgery on my esophagus.
Brody was there every day. Paul and Jeremy constantly dropped by and called and emailed. Zack sent lovely flowers and a new robe. Brigid called both me and Brody for constant updates and to provide support.
Our families are the ones we create- and I'm blessed to have created an amazing one.

No comments: