Thursday, July 5, 2007

The last month

So where to begin? Went to Paris for my birthday at the end of May- amazing. Great time. Barry and Gary and Mic were there. Kissed a cute boy from Atlanta that night. Came back- spent two days at work and then flew to upstate New York to Colgate for a Thirteen Reunion- 65 years of guys singing a cappella. So AS IF I were 18 again- I'm staying up all night, drinking and singing.
It was very rah-rah, pseudo-Ivy stuff. Khakis and top-siders and phrases like "When I was in the group..." but great to sing again.
Last weekend I flew back up to Upstate New York- and drove up to the summer house in the Thousand Islands. We have a house on an island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River- it's been in the family for 55 years. The house- as we're reminded constantly, is over 100 years old- a wooden Victorian cottage- and beautiful, but needs work and love- constantly....like a boyfriend.
Good to be with the family- and reconnect with them. Went out to the spot where my parents' ashes were spread- at a point at the end of the island- and said "hello."
Dad's been gone over 7 years- and Mom- 16 years. Doesn't seem real. They've missed so much.
More later...of course, I signed up for Twitter...so updates will be up to the minute. Be afraid, be very afraid.

No comments: